At Larrabee Albi Coker LLP, we believe that an exceptional staff is the cornerstone of our ability to provide outstanding legal services to our clients. We place a high value on thorough training and the continual expansion of knowledge.
Our work environment is one of mutual respect, commitment and encouragement, and we enjoy a friendly and collegial workplace. The positive results of this work environment are readily seen in our low turnover and high retention rates. The majority of our staff has been with the firm for at least ten years. Further, we feel fortunate that our staff is highly-educated and diverse in their personal backgrounds and interests. And yes, we have some real characters.
Ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience working with non-immigrant visa petitions (H-1B, L-1, TN, E, O-1 and others) and permanent residency processes (including PERM, I-140 and Adjustment of Status); strong written and oral communication skills; and ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment. LAC offers excellent benefits, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to work in a professional, collaborative and congenial work environment.
Receptionist – Full time
Responsible for a multi-line phone system. Attend to visitors and deal with inquiries on the phone and face to face.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- answer multi-line telephone, screen and direct calls
- take and relay messages
- provide information to callers
- greet persons entering the firm
- accept and log documents dropped off by clients/ provide and log documents to be picked up by clients
- receive and sort faxes and courier deliveries
- send faxes and maintain fax log
- tidy and maintain the reception area
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Office experience required
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Experience with a multi-line phone system desirable
- professional verbal communication skills
- professional personal presentation
- customer service orientation
- stress tolerance
Required academic and professional qualifications: A four-year bachelor’s degree and paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program; at least 2 years of experience working with PERM labor certifications; strong written and oral communication skills; ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment; proficient knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office. Experience with an immigration tracking system desired. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Assisting attorneys in document review and all aspects of case preparation; drafting application forms and support letters; corresponding with clients and government officials under attorney supervision; managing document collection, deadlines, and case tracking. LAC offers excellent benefits, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to work in a professional, collaborative and congenial work environment.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com.