Can you provide guidance on the format/requirements for English translations?

Using a professional translation service in the U.S. or in your home country is fine. It is also permissible for friends to provide the English translation. The main focus is that the person providing the translation must be competent to do so and translate the document accurately. In the event a professional translation service is not utilized, the individual translating the document will need to provide a Certificate of Translation. The following language should suffice for the Certificate of Translation: “I, [name of translator] hereby certify I am fluent in the English and [foreign] languages and that the attached document is an accurate translation to the best of my ability of the attached document, [name of document], issued by [name of authority]”. The translator must also provide his/her full legal name, address, and signature.

Contact Us