Do I Need a New I-94 Card When I Reenter the United States Using an AP Document?

San Diego Skyline

Yes. When you reenter the U.S. pursuant to a valid AP document you will be issued a new I-94 card in either paper or electronic format. As of April 30, 2013, nonimmigrant foreign nationals entering the US through an air or sea port will not longer receive a paper I-94 card. Instead of a paper form, you w ill be pro vided with an annotated stamp in your foreign passport and your admission and departure information will be stored electronically. If you would like a hard copy containing your admission information, you will be directed to to download a copy of your I-94 based on the electronically submitted data. If you are entering the US via a land port of entry, you will continue to be issued a paper I-94 card. You will be paroled into the United State s for a period of up to one year. Thus, your I-94 card will only be valid for a period not to exceed one year from the date of your entry into the U.S. Note that this I – 94 expiration date is not relevant for status purposes or AP document validity purposes. Please see Section V regarding maintenance of stat us while an adjustment of status application is pending with the USCIS.

Contact Us