How Do I Apply for a New Advance Parole Document?

Field of bamboo trees with walkway
If you would like our assistance in obtaining new AP documents, you must notify this office 150 to 180 days prior to the expiration of the AP documents. Pursuant to current USCIS policy, the application for new AP documents cannot be filed with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services more than 120 days prior to the AP document expiration date. Because our office cannot provide a reliable estimate of the processing time to receive new AP documents due to the fluctuating processing times issued by USCIS, we recommend filing the AP applications 120 days prior to the expiration date to avoid any interruption in your ability to travel outside the United States while the Adjustment of Status application is pending. Please note that USCIS has strict expedite criteria and does not normally expedite these applications without a true emergency situation. Please contact the Attorney assisting with your case if you have any questions or concerns regarding AP documents and travel.

Contact Us