How do I file an Immigrant Petition to request that the remainder of the green card case be completed through Consular Processing?

Field of bamboo trees with walkway
When the petitioner (e.g., a family member or employer) files an Immigrant Petition on behalf of an individual, the petitioner designates whether that individual will complete the green card process through an Adjustment of Status application or through Consular Processing. If Consular Processing is designated, the USCIS will send the approved Immigrant Petition to the National Visa Center (NVC) in New Hampshire. The National Visa Center will open a Consular Processing case and begin the process. Please note that if the individual is the U.S., he or she may always opt to seek Adjustment of Status if they meet the requirements of that filing.

Contact Us