If I change residences, do I need to notify the USCIS of my move/change of address?

Yes. Within 10 days of a residential change of address, even a temporary change of address, most non-U.S. citizens must complete the Alien Change of Address Card (Form AR-11). The exceptions to this general rule are: Diplomats holding an A visa; official government representatives to an international organization holding a G visa; and certain nonimmigrants who do not possess a valid visa and who are in the U.S. for fewer than 30 days. The Form AR-11 can be completed and sent to USCIS at the address noted on the form or may be submitted electronically. A separate AR-11 must be completed for each non-U.S. citizen family member in the U.S. If it has been more than 10 days since your change of address, we recommend that you still file the Form AR-11. If Form AR-11 will be mailed, we recommend that you keep a copy of the form and send the form via certified mail/return receipt requested so that you have evidence of your compliance with the law.

Contact Us