Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) for Visa Waiver Program Travelers

San Diego Skyline

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows visitors from eligible countries to travel to the U.S. for business or pleasure for 90 days or less without obtaining a visa stamp in their passports.  All VWP travelers are required to obtain a travel authorization via the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to traveling to the U.S. under the VWP.  ESTA is accessible online at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov.  U.S. Customs and Border Protection has issued fact sheets in 10 additional languages: Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish.

FAQs on ESTA registration and travel

<–Back to Immigration Law FAQs

Contact Us