Once I have a labor certification approved in my name, can my spouse work?

Downtown San Diego from Coronado
No. The labor certification only serves the purpose of evidencing that the DOL has approved the position offered by the U.S. employer for permanent placement by a foreign worker. It does not confer any benefits on the foreign worker or the spouse. Such benefits would only occur later in the green card process during the adjustment of status stage.

Contact Us