USCIS Resumes Premium Processing for H-1B Cap Cases
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) resumed premium processing on September 18, 2017 for all pending H-1Bs filed under the Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 cap. Premium processing is an expedited adjudication service. For an additional filing fee of $1225, USCIS guarantees a 15-day response time.
Premium processing for petitions seeking extensions of stay or change of employers in categories not mentioned below remains unavailable and will resume as USCIS workloads permit.
Premium processing is currently available for the following H-1B petitions:
– Petitions filed under the FY 2018 cap.
– Petitions filed on behalf of physicians under the Conrad 30 waiver program and interested government agency waivers.
– Petitions that are exempt from the cap where the H-1B petitioner is:
* An institution of higher education;
* A nonprofit related to or affiliated with an institution of higher education; or
* A nonprofit research or governmental research organization.
Please contact your LAC attorney if you are interested in upgrading an eligible H-1B case to premium processing.