What if I request a specific document and the relevant government authority/agency informs me that the document or record does not exist?

San Diego Skyline

In the event you seek to secure a document from your home country and the relevant government authority confirms that the record sought does not exist, it is important that an official letter from that government agency be obtained which confirms the nonexistence of the requested document (e.g., non-availability certificate). The confirmation from that government authority/agency that a specific document does not exist may then be used in combination with secondary evidence to support the event at issue (e.g., birth). The most common forms of secondary evidence are school records, church and/or hospital records or affidavits from family or friends who can attest to the required elements of the event.

Contact Us