What is my A number?

Not all individuals have an “A” number (alien registration number). If you are a permanent resident or have an adjustment of status application pending, the USCIS will have issued an “A” number to you. It is a 9-digit number found on documents issued by the USCIS, such as a Permanent Resident Card (“green card”), an I-485 Adjustment of Status application Receipt Notice, an Advance Parole document, etc. If you are currently in the United States pursuant to H-1B or H-4 status and do not have an Adjustment of Status application pending, you will most likely not have an “A” number.

Contact Us