When will I get the Employment Authorization Document (EAD) card and Advance Parole (AP) document?

Downtown San Diego from Coronado

The USCIS is required to adjudicate the EAD application within 90 days from the date that it is received at their office. If the USCIS does not adjudicate the EAD application within 90 days, it is possible to inquire at the local USCIS District Office on the status of the application. The local USCIS office will NOT issue an interim EAD card, but rather will contact the USCIS Service Center adjudicating the EAD card application. Therefore, all requests for EAD card renewals/extensions need to be submitted to the USCIS at least 120 days prior to the expiration of the current EAD card in order to receive the EAD card in a timely manner. Processing times for both EAD Applications (I-765) and Applications for Advance Parole (I-131) may be monitored on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov. Please note that once issued, both the EAD card and the Advance Parole document will be sent by the USCIS to our office. Our office will notify the applicant via email when the documents are received. We will either let the applicant know when he/she may pick-up the documents from our office, or will forward the documents to the applicant via Federal Express.

Contact Us